Tuesday, August 11, 2009

LIGHT A CANDLE... LET IT VIBE...


My new night time routine. The life of an RA is interesting and it's going to be interesting to see how I balance school, social life, and running a blog - among other projects under construction. I keep running into people asking me how my summer was - blank stare (read the blog). Yeah, I blow them off with the intern and the shadowing deal, but whatever...

The hopes are high for the upcoming school
year and the year ahead. Great things in the works and a shocking move in the make - hush shhh.... I switching up my style, attitude, and overall persona. So many people don't know my personality on campus. I play it cool and keep it laid back - and people take advantage... That's not me - never was.

My night time routine now includes waking up to the door alarm going off because some freshman are sneaking out - knowing they have a curfew. The nerve of some of the boys, honestly. A new term has entered my vocabulary - rachet. I hate slang, it has no place in academia. However, there is only one word to describe the actions of the little kids.

These boy-men are called "River Men", the name is still growing on me because it could mean lots of things. Here at Fort Valley State University, we are embarking on a new initiative to ensure that these incoming students become quality adults and staples in society. I'm excited that I'm apart of this new direction and it's equally exciting this is the largest incoming class in the school's history. Dr. Said Sewell is at the forefront of this movement. This guy is awesome and I admire him. Morehouse Man, enough said.

My infatuation with this school is sickening and I am determined to make it there, it makes me excited the fact that I too can become one of the men who carry on that legacy. It's an honor to be at an HBCU period. There is no doubt in my mind that I will be one...



AEMON WEAVER

No comments: