Friday, June 12, 2009

Reason to go on


I'm new to blogging and bSEEN is still underway. I'm finding my niche in this world which is why I ask well known bloggers what does it take to run a successful blog? This bright idea came to me one day after reading all of my favorite blogs. I went out on a limb and asked by sending emails. No one responded except for one.

One day while in church my blackberry went off. I glanced at it saw an unfamiliar email address with the name Scott Schuman on it. I read it at lunch after church and to my surprize It was The Sartorialist!

The one person I expected not to hear from emailed me - I felt so special even though I know he probably responds to millions of email like mine. I was elated - like some waitress slipped me her number or something.

The email basically said to continue blogging, be persistent, and consistent. Post things pertaining to your genre and something reader will enjoy. He also said be patient and branch yourself out. Words I needed to hear at that time not only with blogging, but with school.

It's ironic because the message that Sunday was "Following your dreams." Which is the story of my life right now - well on the way to med-school, internships, traveling, ect... I heard something yesterday that stood out for me from Denzel Washington. He basically said enjoy the experience [of school] - cause you're not going to be a doctor [or whatever] all your life.

Even though for me, I know I'm destined to be an outstanding physician - I also want to do somethings in the fashion world. I enjoy being a college student even though the school I'm at isn't what I thought it would be - Thankfully. hopefully this upcoming fall is, will be my last semester before I head to a school in the city (Atlanta). I really enjoyed the experiences I have had on the campus of Fort Valley State University and trust me I am very thankful for being there.

Summer is a time of reflecting, scheming, figuring what's next. I'm am focused, determined, and ambitious - all the characteristics to being successful. I want to that you Mr. Schuman, for answering my email...


Aemon

No comments: